(VICT) Re: question

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:12:37 -0500

I always have a folding cane in my book bag or my office organizer.  As
there are times that I have noticed when a cane comes in handy to clarify
something for myself or the pup.  Or both, smile.

That and one time, I was working in this gentleman's house, and he claimed
he didn't have animals, except for the two stray cats in his crawl space,
and well, did he forget to mention the fleas that were crawling all over the
stray cats and onto my dog!  My driver saw them on her, and asked me to let
her take her outside.  She was so infested it looked like pepper, I have a
cream colored dog, so pepper would show dramatically.

So needless to say i got my business done with him, wipped out my cane and
tapped my way out of his home, and found out later in the car what had
happened.  I always believe in having an escape route.

By the by Front Line does all that it is promised to do, as does Advantics,
both have kept my dog flea free, though we have ended up in homes that
tested the intentions of the product.  Shivers.  The humans were flea free
as well, and there were no fleas to be seen or experienced within thirty
minutes of leaving his home.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

The people who burned witches at the stake never for one moment thought of
their act as violence;
 rather they thought of it as an act of divinely mandated righteousness.
 The same can be said of most of the violence we humans have ever
committed. -Gil Bailie, author and lecturer (b. 1944)