[vi-android] Re: (VI-Android) How Do I Set Up a Phone Running Android 4.2 Please?

  • From: Quentin <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 08:38:13 +1100

You can get to settings either via a home screen icon or very top right when you pull down the notification shade.

Accessibility varies it's position in the list but often it's down a fair way, I've only ever seen it called "accessibility" though.

If setting large text option you need to check the check box here but also set font size to huge in display options.

If you turn talk back on it's default settings are good and it should offer it's tutorial when you first turn it on, otherwise that is in the settings button in the talk back screen.

Some phones have extra accessibility options dotted around.

Regards

Quentin

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On 26 November 2013 7:51:49 AM Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya <ayokoya2009@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone,

A friend who is visually impaired just brought his phone running Android
4.2 to me to help set up with all relevant accessibility features enabled.

I am however lost because the settings items in Android 4.2 is completely
different from those in 2.3.

Please what do I need to llook out for to help him out?

Thank you.

Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya

Communications Professional, Broadcast journalist and Accessible Technology
Enthusiast/Trainer

M.A candidate
Department of Communication and Language Arts
University of Ibadan
Ibadan, Nigeria

MOBILE: +234-8029449441

e-Mail: ayokoya2009@xxxxxxxxx

SKYPE: ayoola.stephen.efunkoya

Check out my profile and connect with me:

On Linkedin: http://ng.linkedin.com/in/ayokoya

On Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/ayokoya

On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ayokoya