[vi-android] Re: Recently new member

  • From: Jeanie Vejil <proud2have-tsedog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 23:37:25 -0500

Aaron,

I couldn't agree with you more concerning the Haven. I can't even stand its voice!

I have two friends who own a Haven, one partially sighted and one totally blind. I really don't see what they find useful in the Haven. Just my two cents worth.

I was looking at a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini today in a retail store, and the phone was defective. I didn't look at any others, but that one and its newer version, the S4, both run Jellybean 4.02. Gingerbread, I've not heard of. Are their smart phones other than Samsungs, and I'm sure there are, but I'm assuming they would all have touch screens. the rep I was working with today has an LG something which has a slide out keypad or keyboard, and she prefers the keyboard over the touch screen and she's fully sighted.

Any suggestions? Otherwise, I'll be looking for a successor to my trusty LG VX8300 in case it craters some day.

Jeanie

On Saturday 5/24/2014 12:09 AM, Gmail wrote:
I totally agree Jeanie,
Glen I’m not sure where you are getting your information from my good sir but, your wrong. I fiancé used a haven. The menus do talk, you can text, but when you dive into say the contacts menu, try to find a contact and try to look up the number that doesn’t read. The stopwatch doesn’t read. Long texts that are sent in maybe 2 or 3 messages don’t read. So, therefore its’ not accessible. truly accessible would mean everything speaks not just parts here and parts there. just an FYI. Hoping I don’t come across as mean but, I know my tech and that phone sucks nuts compared to what you can get out of an iOS or android device today. Heck even a android phone running gingerbread 3.2 works a lot better than a haven. any blind person with any common sense never purchase a haven please, for the love of God don’, you will regret your decision I promise you that.
Thanks,
Aaron Linson
<http://blindpodcaster.com>Indescribable Studios
Being Confident in your ability, not your disability

On May 23, 2014, at 10:06 PM, Jeanie Vejil <<mailto:proud2have-tsedog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>proud2have-tsedog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks. I know lots of people love the Haven, but I really don't even care for its voice. I think I'll stick to my current phone for as long as it lasts.

Jeanie

On Friday 5/23/2014 08:46 PM, Glenn wrote:
You can get a like-new Samsung Haven from:
<http://www.atguies.com/>http://www.atguies.com/
I think they have them at 65 dollars, and they set them up to speak.
Glenn