[va-richmond-general] Re: barred owls

  • From: "IE Ries" <FEATHERCHASER@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:36:27 -0400

The City of Richmond and Chesterfield county both have a lease ordinance in
effect, and that includes parks.  I know exactly what you mean when you
complain about dogs off the leash, and I have found it exasperating to
remind people that their dogs need to remain on a leash at all times, and
not just when another person is approaching.  I'm wondering if making any
calls to the City's administration might help, and...novel
idea...complaining about the situation to DGIF to see if they have any
suggestions or if there is anything they might be able to do in order to
remedy this situation.

I agree that the wildlife suffers greatly (especially in the smaller parks,
where they are literally inside a little green island) and that it's
genuinely discourteous to other people to have a dog come racing up and jump
on you, only to have its people call out, belatedly, "Oh, he's friendly" or
"Oh, sorry."  They aren't sorry in my opinion; if they were, they'd not
think themselves about common courtesy to keep the dog on the leash for its
safety and mine!

<end rant>

Irene in southside