[triadtechtalk] Re: Still Sloooooooooow Computer

  • From: "Richard Matthew" <modelworker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:06:39 -0700

Howard kindly wrote:

 > Hi Richard ... just for your info, you can get to the "Services" by
clicking
> Start | Programs | Administrative Tools | Services. I am running XP Pro,
but
> it's probably in the same place.

 Don't have that on HE, but I got there thru Run "services.msc" and followed
the directions here: http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm on which
services were what, and which I could set to manual, or disable. Checked out
another site with essentially the same information. Changed the registry
(oh, oh!) as per Cuffy's advice for redrawing desktop icons. Haven't yet
noticed whether on not there's an improvement. The other lag-time problem is
still stubbornly there. I'm stuck. *Again,* thanx, you fine folks out there,
for going to bat for me.

Best regards,

Richard