[triadtechtalk] Re: Still.... Sloooooooooow Computer

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 08:14:18 -0700 (PDT)

Richard, are you familiar with your system enough to
ascertain the manufacturer of your HDD?

Belarc, AIDA32 and some ?other? program will give all
the hdwe. info on any PC.

http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

(IF U get AIDA go for the ENTERPRISE edition)

Obtain the HDD's troubleshooting software that fits
your box and let's try to eliminate your problem as to
be emanating from bad hdwe., it may well be that your
HDD is going on the blink. That's only a probability in
my mind's eye. Let's verify I'm wrong on this one.

You want to give that a try?

We haven't exhausted all the software check points, but
the most ordinary ones you have already tried. It could
be you have a unique one, but...

armando.
-------------

[triadtechtalk] Still.... Sloooooooooow Computer
From: "Richard Matthew" <modelworker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:14:05 -0700

Hiya Armando

  I checked out
http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm tried
all to
no avail. Not sure why I would want to uninstall
Norton, though. >
http://redirx.com/?t6u

It came with my Dell, and I've never had a problem with
it. The potential
problem was with its mail safe feature conflicting with
Zone Alarm's, and
that wasn't it. I went thru site after site from the
Google address you
supplied, and I've tried all the solutions before
(memory, defrag, trojans,
spyware, too many startup progs etc).

SNIP