[tn-moths] Re: I.D. request

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:35:37 -0500

Doug,  I should have given A. negundana a closer look. That might very well be
it. Thanks,  Larry

Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:17:02 -0500
From: s137@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tn-moths] Re: I.D. request
CC: s137@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Larry,

Your Acleris might be A. negundana, the Speckled Acleris (Hodges #).  I'm
basing this ID partly on the timing of its arrival; a slightly less worn
specimen showed up at my porch light that same night. I was planning to post
about it when I got home from work today.

Doug Bruce
Oak Ridge, TN
Anderson Co.