[TN-Bird] Loggerhead Shrike

  • From: Tanager5556@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:35:39 -0500 (EST)

My wife and I just had a treat a few minutes ago.  We were eating  lunch
when I noticed a bird sitting on the back of the trellis bench in the
backyard.  At first I thought Mockingbird as I had just seen one flying  around
in
the yard.  The markings were much more bold than a Mocking bird  though so I
knew it was something else.  I picked up the binoculars and  took a look
and to my pleasant surprise it was a Loggerhead Shrike.  It has  been several
years since I saw one here at the house.  I love surprises  with wings.

J Marty Paige
Cleveland, TN
Bradley County