[TN-Bird] Loggerhead Shrike

  • From: john froeschauer <jdfroesch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: contact Audubon <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:26:54 -0800 (PST)

Today I saw a Loggerhead Shrike in Sumner County, just west of the Trousdale
County line, between Gallatin and Hartsville, on a powerline along SR25. This
is probably the same bird reported by Ken Oeser in the same spot the last
couple of years. I've always kept an eye out for it when I passing through and
I'm glad to finally get it. First Mid-TN shrike in many years.

John Froeschauer