[TN-Bird] Re: Loggerhead Shrike

BANDED Loggerhead Shrike observations requested

HELP WANTED:  Reporting BANDED Loggerhead Shrikes

The Eastern Loggerhead Shrike is considered critically endangered in Canada,
and much effort is going towards its recovery.  An extensive banding program
and new geolocator study are underway in Ontario to help resolve migration
routes and wintering grounds of this species.  Limited data to date have
suggested that FLORIDA is one of several states where
Ontario-breeding shrikes might winter.

We need your help!  Please report any BANDED (including
COLOUR-BANDED) loggerhead shrike to JESSICA STEINER at Wildlife Preservation
Canada (Tel: 519-836-9314, Fax:
519-836-8840, jessica@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ).   We are especially
interested in birds banded with Red over Silver on the left, as these are
wearing geolocators and must be re-captured to download the data.

For more information please contact Jessica Steiner, and/or go to
www.wildlifepreservation.ca/reports/2009 shrike.pdf

Thank you in advance for your efforts!