[THIN] Re: VMWare ESX testing

  • From: "Parker, Dennis" <Dennis.Parker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:49:01 -0700

My user base isn't that large, so I am going to spread the load over more
hardware by using ESX.  I plan to use dual proc systems, but only dedicate
one proc to Citrix and the other to smaller, low use systems.  In the long
run I will save $ hardware costs, not to mention the recoverability aspects
of VMs opposed to real hardware.  I'm not advocating one solution over
another in any other environment, this is just what seems to make for mine.
I didn't agree with this solution just 6 months ago, but with ESX 2.1 and
Virtual Center, I can see real benefits.

I'm glad others have seen some benefit from my post as well.  At least I
know I'm not alone in looking at this.

Sorry, I don't have pricing info, I haven't been involved in that yet...I
just install and make it work.

Dennis Parker, MCSE, CCA
Senior Systems Analyst
Fiserv EFT
4550 SW Macadam Ave, Ste 100
Portland, Or. 97239
Direct: 503-274-6785
Fax:    503-274-6619

This e-mail is confidential and may well be legally privileged.   If you
have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.   Please notify
us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your
system.   Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person.   To do so could violate state and Federal
privacy laws.
Thank you for your cooperation.   Please contact me if you need assistance.