[THIN] Re: Softricity

  • From: Tom Diroff <tdiroff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 08:46:40 -0500

HI Everyone

With all of this great info on Softricity has anyone compared it to SVS from Altiris in a real life situation?

Thank you

Tom Diroff

Michel Roth wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly  with Tim. What he says doesn't just apply for app. virtualization or SBC but to a whole line of IT products:

"Most customers that have a specific need will choose the best solution.  *blank* always will do *blank* better than *blank*, *blank* will always do remote users better than *blank*"

Regards,
Michel Roth
www.thincomputing.net

On 3/9/06, Jim Kerr <jim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well done Tim.  There will be demand for all of these products.  Nobody has the answer for everything.  It's like asking which is better.  SMS, Altiris, Landesk etc...  They all have their place and determining which one is the best depends on many many factors.  What size is the organization, what are you trying to accomplish?  blah blah blah...  The same goes for Virtual PC and VMware.  Their are reasons to pick one over the other.  I have customers that use both and swear by both.

Now for a serious question.  Which is better, a PC or a MAC?  :)

Jim