[THIN] Re: Softricity

  • From: "Tim Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:54:09 -0500

I tried, but I can't stay out of this subject.  Predictions:

1) Longhorn will not make citrix irrelevant.

2) There will be customers that choose native terminal services over citrix
because longhorn is "good enough" considering $$

3) Citrix will not make Softricity irrelevant.

4) There will be customers that choose AIE and whatever citrix renames
"Tarpon" into over softricity, because it is "good enough".

5) Most customers that have a specific need will choose the best solution.
Softricity always will do app virtualization better than citrix, citrix will
always do remote users better than microsoft.

6) Best of all, you don't really have to choose.  You can still run softgrid
using citrix on microsoft terminal servers.  Even if they publicly feud.

tim