[THIN] Re: Server recommendations

  • From: "Rink, Jesse" <JRink@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:34:56 -0600

When you say " a single x345 can easily handle 30 users like you =
described" you are talking about the server with the specs I provided =
right?  Dual processor, 1GB memory, 36GB drive?  Or are you talking =
about a single processor system?  I'd imagine a single processor server =
would only be good for 15-20 users... ?

Also, You're right about the x335 (or x330).  I missed that.  The x345 =
is unnecessary in my environment so I'll drop it down to a x335 and save =
some pennies.

Jesse Rink
Network Engineer
Whitnall School District