[THIN] Re: OT - Library Computer for Internet Access Only

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 12:11:42 -0400

See http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/index.htm
All your questions will be answered.
Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Greg Reese
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 11:43 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] OT - Library Computer for Internet Access Only

Sorry for the off topic post but I need some opinions on this.

My company runs retirement centers for the elderly.  At each location we =
have a library with a DSL connection.  I have been tasked with building =
a stripped down pc for them to use to surf the net and use web based =
email.

I have built a couple of AMD based machines with no cd, no floppy, =
minimal everything.  The trick now is what operating system to use and =
how to lock it all down.

I like Windows XP because the version of IE that ships with it is =
colorful and easy to read.  I am also open to Win98 or Linux or whatever =
will accomplish this best.  All they ever need to see is the web =
browser.=20