[THIN] Re: OT - Library Computer for Internet Access Only

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:40:52 -0400

First of all think about putting in some hardware or software-based OS
protectors like Sheriff card or DeepFreeze. This will give you an
opportunity to be sure that once you restart the PC everything will be back
to the original configuration you defined way back. For sure as these things
work on the disk level you may use Sheriff cards with any OS you choose (not
sure about the deepfreeze). Build up XP or W2K Pro PC, strip it the way you
want, put IE in the Autostart and schedule a rebot everyday.

Hope this helps

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems and Network Coordinator
Pembroke General Hospital
Tel. (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
Fax. (613) 732-9986
www.pemgenhos.org

"All that matters is love and work" - Sigmund Freud.