[THIN] Re: Login Script

  • From: Magnus Hjorleifsson <magnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:34:03 -0400

I actually find perl to be much easier than kix or vb. Once you learn the syntax it is quite easy to use plus you can use it for admin type scripts as well

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 10, 2009, at 8:22, "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I disagree, from a *login* script perspective.

Kix is significantly easier for login type scripts (checking group
membership, mapping drives / printers, writing registry values etc).
Those things are either more complex, or not as fully supported with
vbscript / WSH.

For admin type scripts, it's a different thing.

Neil

From: andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:36:01 +0100

To be fair, if you're struggling with the scripts you're
quite likely
to cause problems attempting to re-write them. You're
going to have
to learn vb to detemine what's going on - in which case
why not just
focus on learning vb?

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 Sep 2009, at 05:47, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi

We currently use AD GPO to push Logging scripts to our
Citrix Users.
The Scripts are based on VB and are very complicated (esp
when Im not
too good with VB).  The Scripts effectively map network drives to
users servers and copies files to user home drive based on
AD group
membership.  Im looking at rewriting the Login scripts and was
wondering how people do it.  What is the best way to script login
scripts these days.  Is it VB, PowerShell, ScriptLogic or
other tool?

All our Servers are Windows 2003.  Also are there any
sites that have
sample login scripts so I can get some ideas on syntax?

Thanks
Ang

Check out The Great Australian Pay Check Take a peek at other
people's pay and perks

Find out how here Get Hotmail on your iPhone

--
Sent from my mobile device

Kevin G. Stewart
Vacation mode use the below link:
//www.freelists.org/list/thin
Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
Thinlist MOBILE Feed
http://thinlist.net/mobile

This email and its attachments are confidential to the intended recipient. If this has come to you in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. You must take no action based on this email, nor must you copy or disclose it or any part of its contents to any person or organisation. Please note that email communications may be monitored. The registered office of Shop Direct Limited is First Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB, registered number 04730752.

Subsidiary companies of Shop Direct Limited include:

Shop Direct Group Financial Services Limited (SDGFS), Shop Direct Financial Services Limited (SDFS) and Shop Direct Finance Company Limited (SDFC). The registered office of SDGFS, SDFS and SDFC is Aintree Innovation Centre, Park Lane, Netherton, Bootle, L30 1SL, registered numbers 05200103 (SDGFS), 04730706 (SDFS) and 04660974 (SDFC). SDFS and SDFC are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in respect of arranging insurance products.

Shop Direct Contact Centres Limited (SDCC) and Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited (SDHS). The registered office of SDCC and SDHS is First Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB, registered numbers 05330323 (SDCC), 04663281 (SDHS).

All companies registered in England.