[texbirds] Re: African Collared-Dove (formerly Ringed Turtle-Dove) in Gatesville

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shirley.wilkerson@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:35:32 -0500

Very interesting records of African Collared-Dove ( Streptopelia*roseogrisea)
*this bird in Texas  outside of captivity or in and I have no idea what an
estimate would bein terms of numbers of those    How did you make this
ID?....By call/song?...Mark L. and I did a short a article on this genus in
Texas in the old Texas Birds magazine and therein included photos of a
Ringed-necked Dove from Arkansas... .Fall-Winter 2001 Vol. 3 no. 2....Could
this actually be Ring-necked Dove (S. capicola) ?....I'm just
asking....Brush

--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist