[texbirds] Re: African Collared-Dove (formerly Ringed Turtle-Dove) in Gatesville

  • From: Shirley Wilkerson <shirley.wilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 22:59:26 -0500

Regarding the collared dove, Brush and others, I merely identified it by
sight, and searching through photos on the internet.    It was much
lighter, and it caught my eye immediately. I could not get a shot of the
undertail.   If this is not an African Collared-Dove, formerly Ringed
Turtle-Dove, excuse the posting. As I was searching internet photos to help
with identification, I ran across several articles stating that all
sightings should be reported, so I did.

Shirley
Bryan, TX