[TechAssist] Re: Symphonic TV/VCR MD. TVCR13F1 PS Problem

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 01:52:33 -0500

I believe the R2M is an avalanche diode which will short if the supply
line goes above 130V.
I would only use the original diode for this. You should be able to get
those at your favorite supplier. my supplier in Toronto has them listed
for $1.00 CDN in their authorized dealer section. I probably have some
in stock too if you want to email me about it.

http://www.globalelectronicsupplies.com/

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7
Guelph Ontario Canada N1H 6J4
Fax: (519)821-1530
email: gary (at) number63.ca

David Lessard wrote:

> Jack,
>
> So what your saying is that you have two identical PS's with two different
> diodes in the same place D624, that doesn't make any sense at all. Are you
> sure the PS's are identical, cause if they are you already have the answer
> to your question.
>
> Alexandria Electronics
> Ontario, Canada
> mrfixit@xxxxxxxxxxx