[TechAssist] Re: RCA VCR PSVR61- ERROR come up in display - sometimes

  • From: rogerfixit@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 01:16:28 -0500

MORE-
Replaced sensors- did not fix (not that lucky!)
Pulled clutch and cleaned and lubed. Nothing broken (visibly).
Determined problem to be that the ring under the clutch does not release
the lever to allow the idler gear to contact the reels.
Cannot tell if it is the ring gizmo or the half-moon cam gear. Not to
mention - some of these parts may be NLA.

Roger G.

Mr. Fix-It     Harrisburg, PA 17110    WebSite-
http://mrfixit.netfirms.com
rogerfixit@xxxxxxxx  (alternate - rogerfixit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  )
FAX 801-705-3748 ; Tel: 717-763-7098 (shop) 717-652-1703(home)

Had a couple like that. T/A said to replace the sensors and the main cam.
Cam looked perfect and would take all day to replace so I just replaced
the
sensors even though they checked OK. Have not come back so they are
either
fixed or the owners got fraustrated and dumped them.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609