[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo AVM-2595U - bad regulation.

  • From: "Jerry" <geiting@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 21:13:51 -0500

The 2 resistors are in parallel with each other and before the regulator ic?
That is a bit unusual.  Most sets have a resistor in parallel with the STR
ic.  But the idea is to keep the STR from having to dissipate too much
power.  I think the one cracked resistor is probably bad, breaking down
under load if it doesn't measure bad.  The other possibility is that load on
the output of the STR is drawing too much current, but if the HOT is running
normally, there aren't many other options left...