[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo AVM-2595U - bad regulation.

Very good point, Art.  I threw away so many of the STR30130's that I
pulled one from a chassis, marked it used, and placed in my STK30130
parts drawer as a testing device.  Now, if I have any doubt, I "test it"
with the used reg.

I really hate it when new parts are bad.  Lots of wasted time.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32561
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

-------

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 23:10:43 -0500 "art bevilacqua"
<abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I know exactly what this is - you've got a bad "new" STR30130. We've
> had
> this problem on several sets, with the output voltage varying
> depending
> on set (load). When I realized what the problem was, I sampled all of
> the STR30130's that I had on hand, and 90% were bad. Unfortunately,
> more
> than 90 days had passed, and the distributor wouldn't make it right.
>
> The topic of bad batches of STR30130 from one or two distributors has
> been heavily discussed on several forums, and is a well known
> problem.
>
> Get another chip from a different source.
>
> art
>
> Art Bevilacqua
> Essex Radio and TV
> 40 Main Street