[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo AVM-2595U - bad regulation.

  • From: "Jerry" <geiting@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 19:52:10 -0500

The input to the STR is way too low (your right, it should be about +150
volts or so and has to be above about 135 for the STR to regulate).  So the
problem apparently is in raw B+ supply.  I don't have the diagram for that
set, but usually there is just the bridge diodes, fusible resistor and/or
fuse, main filter cap, etc. An open diode in the bridge could do this.  If
the HOT is not running hot, then it's probably not the problem.  There may
also be a resistor in the supply before the STR for current limiting that
has gone up in value.
Jerry
Christian's Electronics Service