[TechAssist] Re: RCA Proscan PS27115, Chassis CTC197BC. Intermittent loss of audio, just a pop sound when channels change?

  • From: "John Conti" <contitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:03:33 -0600

David, here,s a bullitin on looses pix and sound

Looses pix and sound once a week or several times a day. (Or wide noise
bands in the picture, and static crashes in the audio after it plays
awhile). And voltage will  be about 6.8 volts at pin 12 of u16201.

Check pin 12 of U 16201 for 3.8 volts . I the voltage is higher than 3.8
volts (and it probably will be)
Adjust 12302 for a reading of 3.8 volts on the meter. Be extremely careful
when you ajust L12302
because even a slight turn makes a significant difference in the voltage
reading at pin 12. Turn the  coil an eight of a turn to get the correct
reading.

John
Conti,TV
Texas