[TechAssist] Re: RCA 169 G35830WK retrace lines/red screen @ turn off

  • From: "Jerry" <geiting@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:11:22 -0400

I ran across this same problem a couple of years ago on this chassis,
instead of the normal problem of the bias regulator transistor q2906 being
leaky, it turned out the OSD output from the microprocessor ic was causing
it.  By the way, if it is q2906 that's bad, be aware that CRT arcing can
cause it to fail.

Jerry Eiting  geiting@xxxxxxxxxx
Christian's Electronic Service
Troy, Ohio