[TechAssist] Re: RCA 169 G35830WK retrace lines/red screen @ turn off

  • From: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:03:12 -0400

I actually had a CRT arc situation with a 169 35" TV that caused Q2906
to fail several times in a row , but the CRT seemed OK.Must've been a
small arc. I realised I needed a heavier duty transistor that still
retained the electrical characteristics.I did, and it worked.The set
is still out there. I will try to locate my notes on the sub.I also
maybe have dome a flyback wrap to isolate the CRT,don't remember.
Phil

Phil Bader, Pres.
Jan Phyl TV Inc
Winter Haven, Fl