[TechAssist] Re: Questions on hooking up Chipper checker

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:06:12 -0500

Damon and others,
The Chipper Checker CAN be used to test the eeprom OUT OF CIRCUIT. Just plug
the eeprom into an 8 pin socket(to protect the pins), hook-up to CC, apply
external +5v to pin 8 and then test as usual. It works, been there, done
that! On the eeproms for 175-187, haven't tried it on 197 or 203 chassis. I
use the adapter from Dennis Vireck's Site at:
http://wa6ati.home.mindspring.com/

Paul W
C&W Electronics
Azle Texas

From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Questions on hooking up Chipper checker
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 23:17:20 -0500

Chipper checker was not designed to test the EEprom out of circuit, in
circuit only.
Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telrad Electronic Services