[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi model VS-4501R- vertical bounces

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 12:13:03 -0500

Philip,

I'm not saying that D4000 will not cause bouncing.  My point is, as it
usually is on these sets, that we see many more with bad caps (and the
resulting bad connections on the PC board) causing this problem, and if you
don't check the entire set for leaky caps you are likely to have it bite you
in the butt...we always test but rarely find D4000 to be a problem.  Most of
the ones that I saw that were bad were early in the life of these sets.

BTW, there is no reason to buy the parts from Mitsubishi, especially if they
want $35 for $3 in parts.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World