[TechAssist] Re: Hypothetical: When NTSC goes,will we have onestandard ?

  • From: Kevin's TV Repair <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:53:12 -0700

Not stupid at all.  According to Star Choice (the other satellite
provider here in Canada), an HDTV signal contains up to 9 times more
information than the NTSC signal.  I am guessing that would be for
1080i.  Therefore 10 times better is not that much of a stretch.  HDTV
also is in Dolby Digital 5.1 for superior sound (9 + 1 = 10 times
better!)

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx

10 times better ?
And I thought I made stupid statements.
OK,...4-1/2 for to 3-1/2 against.
;-)
LLW
LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 "
I forgot,..to remember,..
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 to forget "
Ph./Fax 435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx

From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2005 7:12 AM
onestandard ?

Boy, the moderators are gonna kill us for ratchet jawing like this on
their tech forum!;-)
I've been the worster of all! (or is it worstest?) Phil

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880 Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

daryls_tv@xxxxxxx wrote:

I think everyone has valid points.
I think things at the government level has gone arry (spelling). The
govern=3D ment was set up to be "We the people". What has gone wrong? If
the majori=3D ty of the people say they don't want to buy a new TV, they
shouldn't be for=3D ced by anyone, especially the government, to buy a
new=

TV because of new te=3D chnology. I think new technology is great but
you
should have a choice if
=3D
you want to take advantage of it or just go along with what you like or
can=3D afford. This should be a choice not a demand. It should never be
turned
=3D
into a hardship.

Daryl
Daryl's TV
2402 Wyoming Ave.
El Paso, TX 79903
915-565-9184 Voice/Fax
daryls_tv@xxxxxxx
www.angelfire.com/tv2/daryls_tv

From: Al Gutz <alg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 8:36 PM
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Fw: Hypothetical: When NTSC goes,will we
=A0haveone
standard?

The alloted bandwidth allows one 1080 signal or up to three 480 signals.

Plans were to use 1080 for prime time high profile programs and the rest

of the time to use lower res and have something like an info, weather or

shopping channel.
Don't count on NTSC dissapearing too soon. Joe average lower middleclass

doesn't want to spend the rent money to buy a new TV set, he wants to
come home sit back and relax with a cold one. If he thinks the rich guys

are taking away his main entertainment, he is going to get ugly and
governments fear the masses getting ugly. If there are converter boxes
then they better be free.
Al G

tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I suppose much like the PC monitor refresh rates.
640x480,800x600,1024x768 and so on. They will be there but some will
favor one over others for various reasons.Some will be popular,others
obscure. When I become king of the planet, all this will change. Phil