[TechAssist] Re: [Fwd: JVC AV-32F703 shutsdown]

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 07:42:12 -0500

When you say "set will come on normally for about 4-5 seconds", does this
mean you get a raster or does it shutdown before that point? Although I
don't have a specific tip, I am wondering about vertical shutdown.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms
(508)695-7302
(508)695-7769 FAX
geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:22:14 -0600
From: Bill Grabowski <bgrabowski@xxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This JVC has me stumped it had a vented capacitor C973 and poor solder
on jumper W624 just like
a couple of tips programs said to look for but it still shuts down after
5-6 seconds. The HV is at 29KV and
I even changed the fly even after good ringing suspecting internal
arcing. Would anyone have the schematics
for this set in PDF. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks much!!

-
Set Vacation