[TechAssist] Re: Diode testing

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:35:26 -0400

Yes, sounds normal to me. On my Fluke 77, the display reads something
like: .121 on a Schottky diode and .560 on a regular diode. BTW, these
readings are indicative of forward voltage drop across the junction. ON
LEDs, you get readings of approx. 1.45 for a red LED and 1.7 for green,
0.987 for infrared etc.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada