[TechAssist] Re: Diode testing

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 06:26:09 -0500

Wendsday I pull CR4401 pn 242907 from an RCA 169 chassis, and it
measured -1.2 volts on the diode check setting with a fluke 77 series 3.
Minus volts out of circuit on a
diode?  What the heck?  Changed the battery in the meter, same thing.
Changed the diode and the set worked.

How the heck do you get minus volts?  That means that
there was some sort of capacitance/pn junction problem with that diode.

Minus ohms.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr