[TechAssist] Re: CD-Rom

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:02:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Barry, interesting that you should mention ide controllers. When I am
checking controllers in device manager There are two( ! ) marks next to primary
and secondary IDE controller( dual fifo). When I check these out  under problem
components it says" Device has a problem, Code=10(0xA)." Then it says device
not present,not working or does not have all the drivers installed. Then there
is a list of items starting with Registry Key. The next item is" Alloc.
resources---Logical resources-0". There is an option in a  driver window to
look for drivers and update. Have gone through this procedure and it says the
drivers are installed and  to use as is. These drivers are for the hard drive I
think. Does this affect the CD-Rom? I have just about reached my limitations in
computer literacy. BTW jumpers have not been changed.      Paul
Barry Thompson <barrystv@xxxxxxx> wrote: How is it configured? Maybe you have
the jumper set wrong or ide is not
configure right. Check ide controllers in device manager.
barrystv@xxxxxxx
Barrys TV
Ottawa Canada