[TechAssist] Re: CD-Rom

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:47:09 -0400

Before you attempt any such thing, I might ask the following:

What device(s) are on your primary IDE channel and which are on your
secondary?
Now are those devices with the yellow icon next to them all on the same IDE?

I would first boot into SAFE MODE and see then how the devices are listed in
Device Manager. It is very possible that you have duplicated (or no longer
installed) devices listed there that may be part of the problem. I recommend
you observe (and record) the listings in the device manager in normal boot
mode and then in safe mode before deleting and making any changes.

I cannot comment on that registry program as I have not used it. I would
caution to be very careful "playing" with the registry as it can be a very
bad thing if you are not careful and not quite sure what you are doing.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms