[TechAssist] Re: Any way to revitalize dead sealed lead acid batteries?

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:50:07 -0400

Thanks for the tip. I have a big box full of lead-acid camcorder and medical
equipment batteries that I have not yet turned in for recycling. We have
never had any luck restoring these. Most wont draw any current from a
charger, forward or reverse. If I leave one on charge for a long time, like
a few days, it may start to draw a continuous, small current. But it just
eventually gets warm and if I remove it from charge and put a load on it the
voltage drops to almost nothing. I guess there is no hope for those but,
aside from the sulfating problem, I always wondered what else was going on
inside.

Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave