[TechAssist] Re: Any way to revitalize dead sealed lead acid batteries?

  • From: Edward Gaidies <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 18:32:05 -0400

Gary;

Brand New? What's the date on the box?
Lead Acid....notate exactly that. If the Acid has evacuated, by just
drying out, you are working with "lead"...basically. Also...the lead
cells...may be so badly corroded, that the acid can no longer get to do
it's thing. You may be able to boil the corrosion off by applying a
higher voltage, 16 to 18 volts.(may want to do this away from body
parts you value for future use).
        But this "boil off" eventually gets between the insulators, and the
battery just heats up.

-Ed-
Ed Gaidies
Tel-Tek Electronics