[TechAssist] Re: Any way to revitalize dead sealed lead acid batteries?

  • From: Edward Gaidies <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:06:23 -0400

Gary;
Are you sure they are Lead Acid?
Presuming that they are..."Shocking" and reverse polarity will not give
you a viable battery for resale.

        Best thing I learned from this post, was the guy that tried to top
these batteries up in the Medical Field.

        I think most of us have no idea what is required, even the
manufacturers don't know.

Watched a program on TV..two weeks ago, manufacturing batteries for
Vehicles.

        I recorded most of them...
But I presume..if someone invented a "Battery" that only needed
recharging and no replacement, someone would soon be out of business.

        Too bad we are "Fixers" and not "Inventors".

I will not go (OIL/INTERNAL COMBUSTION/GONE TO THE MOON AND BACK) and
we can't even get a decent battery to power our Digital Cameras.;-)

        Damn..(sorry)..every time I think about it...Some big company decides
what we need.
They will give us Printers for under $30....next time you need a
Cartridge $42.95.
        And now they have purposely installed a "CHIP" so you can not refill
them.

Do I need to expand?   Probably not.

Ed Gaidies
Tel-Tek Electronics