[TCUG] Re: Toucan Green Wave Indicators for Cyclists

  • From: "Beever, Dennis" <dbeever@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:14:18 +0100

Seems a bit of an expensive novelty Phil.  I frequantly commute by cycle wi=
th my journey mixed on segregated cycle routes and carriageway. A countdown=
 timer wouldn't reduce my overall journey time to any degree, just the dura=
tion of time waiting at a crossing which is easily made up passing the stan=
ding traffic.  I would rather see the money spent on maintaining cycle lane=
s and cutting the vegitation back that threatens to whip me in the face whe=
n I'm pushed closer to the kerb by passing traffic.

A few seconds hanging around at the Toucan is often welcome!  It's the only=
 chance I have to get my breath back.....

Dennis Beever
Group Engineer, Urban Traffic Control
Regeneration Services
City of Wakefield MDC