[TCUG] Re: Sector 8 - latest update

  • From: "sunil budhdeo" <sunilbudhdeo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:43:16 +0100

To All
Apologies for not keeping you up to date of the progress.
As stated in early correspondence i was able to secure registration date
extension till the end of year.
Secondly i have been in negoaseceation with The Highway Electrical Academy
and ASLEC to see if we can simplify the process of registration for the
Clients's. Making the whole process simpler and which can be delivered in
less then a day for those who  in some case are only visiting a site,
Cabinet Access or working on site (basic health and safety).

For Approved Persons (Visitor):
·         If they are visiting site only and will always be in the company
of a Registered Authorised Person ? then a one day refresher on H&S should
suffice (those that can confirm H&S training / induction will not need this)

·         If they are opening pillar / controller doors only and doing no
other work ? then a one day refresher on H&S including an awareness of
Electricity at Work Regs / working in the vicinity of REC equipment (for
older supplies in controllers) should suffice

For Approved Persons (Cabinet Access):
·         For those wishing to have a H&S update / refresher (incl. those
who cannot supply evidence of training / updating) a one day covering H&S,
Electricity at Work Regs, PPE can be provided. For those with some knowledge
(e.g. knowledge of H&S, H&S policy, Accident reporting, Risk assessments
/method statements etc. we could telescope down this to half a day I think)

·         For those with the knowledge, but without the evidence, we could
prepare a question paper ? but this will take time and may not be as robust
as the refresher day

·         For work on site, I think we would need just an hour or two to
access comptenatence  I would need to be clear on the scope of works.

All of the above is still a proposal and  i am waiting on a response from
the relevant people.
If all goes will and i have a clear indication as to where we stand at the
time of the JCT Symposium i propose to make a joint presentation with  The
Highway Electrical Academy and ASLEC .

Hope the above is of some help ,if you require any further calefaction
please contact me on the numbers below.

Sunil Budhdeo
Traffic Signals Operations Manager
Tel: 0115 9419884