[TCUG] Re: Sector 8 - latest update

  • From: Grahame Bath <grahame.bath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:07:48 +0100

Terry Carter presented at the last meeting a proposal that Sector 8 would
not apply to "client side"
(unless of course the client side got involved in cable disconnections and
or board replacement etc)

There was considerable discussion and I think it was Sunhil who said he was
attending a meeting at
which an extension to the time was to be requested. I have heard nothing
since this.

Articles in TEC (March 2005) suggest that September is still the deadline
for Grandfather Rights.
The same article includes the website address(es) for more
information.....................

www.streetlighting.uk.com/aslec/content/sector_scheme.htm

www.highways.gov.uk

Hope this helps.

We in Surrey (I am sure as every other authority) are very concerned.
The costs of managing this scheme are horrendous and we are currently
exploring other avenues
including an in house management scheme.

Regards

Grahame

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grahame Bath
Senior Engineer, Traffic Systems
Surrey County Council
020 8541 7346 (Tel)   020 8541 7366 (Fax)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                      Bull Peter

                      <Peter.Bull@sheffi        To:       "TCUG e-mail list
posting (E-mail)" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      eld.gov.uk>               cc:

                      Sent by:                  Subject:  [TCUG] Sector 8 -
latest update
                      tcug-bounce@freeli

                      sts.org

                      12/08/2005 11:38

                      Please respond to

                      tcug

I remember reading recently that the implementation date for parts of the
Sector 8 sector scheme had been postponed to Feb 2006, and that CSS/TSUG
were to be involved in defining the required competencies for traffic
control staff. Can anybody point me to the right place for chapter and
verse
on this - I've not had any success with a Google search.

Peter Bull

The information in this email is intended for the addressee(s) only.  If
you are not the addressee, please tell us by using the reply facility in
your email software as soon as possible. Sheffield City Council cannot
accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message
as it has been transmitted over a public network.  If you suspect that the
message may have been intercepted or amended please tell us as soon as
possible.

This email and any attachments with it are intended for the addressee only.
It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional
privilege.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender or
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and cannot be taken as
an expression of the County Council's position.
Surrey County Council reserves the right to monitor all incoming and outgoing
mail.
Whilst every care has been taken to check this outgoing e-mail for viruses, it
is your responsibility to carry out any checks upon receipt.

Visit the Surrey County Council website - http://www.surreycc.gov.uk