[TCUG] Re: RR67 sat Flow

  • From: "Andrew Rawlinson" <andrew.rawlinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 10:29:24 +0100

Ian,

RR67 is a good starting point. If you can find a site with similar =
characteristics, it is worth getting measurements and observations from =
the location and importing them into your new build site.=20

There was a paper presented by Stuart Beniston at the 2002 JCT symposium  =
which discussed satflows. I have also seen a short paper entitled =
"Saturation flow - food for though" by Mark Crabtree at TRL. I can dig out =
copies if you want.

Andrew Rawlinson
Senior engineer
Kirklees Highways and Transportation
Flint Street
Huddersfield
HD1 6LG
01484 225436
andrew.rawlinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> "Kirk-Ellis, Ian B" <i.b.kirk-ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 03/07/08 =
10:14 >>>
We use RR67 to derive sat flows for TRANSYT when it's a new build that =
can't be measured onsite, but a colleague from another office has said =
that he recalls a paper that was subsequent to RR67 and defined Sat flow =
in bands directly relating to width for use in transyt. We use RR67 as =
this is the latest we know of and its use in LINSIG backs up this view but =
I thought I'd ask the forum if anyone knew of this work and if it was =
subsequent to RR67 ?
Thanks

Ian

Ian Kirk-Ellis