[TCUG] Re: RR67 sat Flow

  • From: mervyn.hallworth@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:43:12 +0100

I seem to remember that Paul Welsh did a paper on sat flows a few years
back - might be worth a look at.  But I think that for straightforward
situations (e.g. those not involving coordinated approaches such as within
a roundabout) RR67 is the sensible thing to use.  Whatever it's faults, It
has the merit  of being accepted as 'definitive' in such situations as
public inquiries.
Mervyn
Leeds 0113 2476750

"Kirk-Ellis, Ian B" <i.b.kirk-ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: tcug-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/07/2008 10:14
Please respond to
tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[TCUG] RR67 sat Flow

We use RR67 to derive sat flows for TRANSYT when it's a new build that
can't be measured onsite, but a colleague from another office has said
that he recalls a paper that was subsequent to RR67 and defined Sat flow
in bands directly relating to width for use in transyt. We use RR67 as
this is the latest we know of and its use in LINSIG backs up this view but
I thought I'd ask the forum if anyone knew of this work and if it was
subsequent to RR67 ?
Thanks

Ian

Ian Kirk-Ellis
Principal Engineer
Waterman Civils
Lockington Hall,
Lockington,
Derbyshire,
DE74 2RH
TEL        (01509) 674567
FAX.      (01509) 674623

The information in this email (and any attachment) may be for the
intended recipient only. If you know you are not the intended recipient,
please do not use or disclose the information in any way and please
delete this email (and any attachment) from your system.

The Council does not accept service of legal documents by e-mail.