[TCUG] Re: LED Heads

  • From: "Welsh, Paul" <Paul.Welsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:50:35 +0100

All the installations I have seen have been very crisp.  When mixed, it
makes you realise that there is a fade out on tungsten, but I have never
seen an inappropriate reaction from drivers.

When all three are on together, it is obvious something is wrong, because
the intensity is halved, due to it being an electrical pathway through more
than one lamp.  I have never known an accident because of it, callers
usually said "it looks odd" or similar.  It used to happen once every few
years, though has become less common, result of testing?

How that guy got off is beyond belief, someone must have been asleep.
With tungsten lamps, using a camera with a motor drive, it is fairly easy to
pick out a shot with all three lamps on, press the shutter 1.5 secs into the
red with amber and review what you get - dead easy, but not a real situation
in terms of how people behave.

PW