[TCUG] Re: LED Heads

  • From: David B Thompson <DBT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:43:00 +0100

Most LED's that I have seen installed have the opposite problem, where the
change is very "crisp". This can sometimes look odd where there is a mixture
of normal lamps and LED's, for example where the LED's have been used for
high level signals.

I do seem to remember that at least one of the newer LED heads, from either
Siemens or PEEK has been made to look more like a tungsten lamp, by using
the "on board" microprocessor chip to give more of a ramp to the switch on
and switch off of the lamp.

The only other time I have seen all lamps on together on tungsten lamp
sites, is where there was a loose common neutral in the head/polecap. I
would not have thought LED's would be affected in the same way.

Dave

===== Original Message from tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx at 15/10/03 17:24
>Hi All,
>
>Does anyone have any issues with latency on LED Heads? Here in Warrington,
>we have just installed our first LED signal heads and have noticed an issue
>due to delays in aspects extinguishing. We are witnessing situations where
>for approx. 600ms all aspects are illuminated on a change from Red/Amber to
>full green. Anyone have any thoughts?
>
>Andy Ashton
>Design & Implementation (UTC)
>Warrington Borough Council

>The contents of this e-mail are confidential and intended solely for
>the use of the individual to whom they are addressed.
>Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author
>and do not necessarily represent those of the Council.
>If you are not the intended recipient (nor the person responsible for
>delivering to that recipient) be advised that you have received this
>e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
>or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
>If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the Council's
>IT Customer Service Centre by telephone on +44 (0)1925 442200,
>or by e-mail to  postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>This footnote confirms that the contents of this e-mail message have
>been scanned for the presence of computer viruses by MIMEsweeper/McAfee

jdt
Canterbury House, 85 Newhall Street, Birmingham B3 1LZ
Tel +44(0)121 237 4016;  Fax +44(0)121 237 4003