[TCUG] LED heads problems

  • From: Graham_Bristo@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:02:00 +0100

Andy's E mail reminded me that I have been meaning to send one relating to
LEDs myself.

I have recently had some problems with Coval LED heads. The problem appears
overnight on a site in a rural area. We received complaints that the
crossing was all out and on arrival the lamps were out, however once a
demands was input the lamps came back on changed to the ped stage and
stayed on for about an hour then went all out again. The problem appears to
relate to lamp monitoring but has yet to be resolved.

I've also heard that Peek have had some problems with individual LED
aspects failing.

Has anyone else been having reliability / supply problems with LED heads ?

Thanks

Graham Bristo
Senior Traffic Signal engineer
Carillion-URS (Area 8)