[smee] Oif!

  • From: Victor Putz <vputz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 07:54:38 -0700 (MST)

Thanks again to you folks who helped out with the dragonslayers quest
yesterday; I know that wasn't necessarily the most exciting thing to do
(although it did get brisk once the ice burrower started in on us!) but I
did the turn-in and now have a nice set of Draconic Pauldrons for Flue
(shoulder, AC15, +12Str, +12Sta, +6Sv?, +6Sv+)... definitely an upgrade
from my tattered mantle and now we can see it's a pretty easy quest if any
plate classes (WAR CLR PAL SHD BRD) would like them.

Barducks is still on our list, and if folks think we can raise enough
people, I have figured out how to spy on Trak's lair and see if my quest
mob is up for the epic (usually the last fight, but if we spot him early I
can force Trak to spawn if we can gather the manpower).

Next week--suggestions?  Barducks for Tae, of course (hopefully he won't
be so shy!) and then we can try UP again (hopefully WITHOUT a sluggish
raiding party at the entrance) or if folks are feeling plucky and we have
the damage output we could try the Fungus Grove caller quest again...

In other news, if any folks were annoyed at the knee-jerk reaction of the
USAFA commandant being canned, you may also be interested in another minor
change.

Remember the ramp leading up to the cadet area, the one labeled "Bring Me
Men" after the Samuel Walter Foss poem of the same name?

Notice the past-tense "labeled" in the above sentence?  They took down the
letters last week.  http://www.aog-usafa.org/Bring_Me_Men.html for the
picture.

On the one hand, it was a generic term and a line from a poem, not an
intentional sexist statement or anything, so there really wasn't the need.
On the other hand, it would probably have bothered me to march through an
arch labeled "Bring Me Women" for four years, so I can understand the
sentiment... oddly enough the relabeling bothered Jo more than it did me
(her reaction: "Well jeez, that was stupid!").  I only wish Jon was around
so I could watch his head explode; I foresee an Extreme Reaction (heh).

-->VPutz