[SI-LIST] resend - Specctraquest model: mounted inductance

  • From: "Bart Bouma" <bart.bouma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 08:34:54 +0200

Hi all,
I'm resending this post on Specctraquest mounted inductance. Until now no
reactions received on this topic.
Is there no one on the si-list who can help a vendor to generate
Specctraquest models?
I read so often that models are not available from vendors, now is your
But I need some help. Please!

================  original post ========================================

Hi all,

I am starting to develop Specctraquest models for three-terminal
capacitors, e.g. a feedthru capacitor.
Does anybody know how to extract, or how to determine, the mounted
inductance of such a three-terminal capacitor?
Maybe someone already did this?

For a two terminal device the loop-inductance can be determined quite
easily, but for a three terminal capacitor I could not find a single
Of course it all depends on substrate thickness, vias and layout, but is
there a general method how to calculate the mounted inductance or
loop-inductance for such a device?
Any information is welcome!

Bart Bouma

List archives are viewable at: