[SI-LIST] Re: min/max trace length

  • From: "DAVID CUTHBERT" <telegrapher9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bmgman <bmgman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:05:30 -0600

The specified clock jitter seems like a wild card. If they would specify
clock jitter as RMS, and if it is truely Gaussian. I take a look at the
nature of the clock jitter (using a good o'scope) and derive my own RMS and
systematic jitter numbers. Then calculate the jitter excursion for say 12
months and add that into the timing budget.
    Dave Cuthbert

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: