[SI-LIST] Re: Question on SI measurement/validation without receiver access

  • From: "Gary Otonari" <garyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arsenault_brian@xxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:03:23 -0700

Given the limitations (no access on the board, no custom test board),
one possible way to measure the signal lines would be to de-cap the
devices and probe inside the package.  Obviously, finding a probe pad
can be a problem, and you need to be careful about how you interpret
these measurements for correlation to your sims, but we have been
successful probing devices in this way.   (SHAMELESS PLUG)

-- Gary Otonari, GigaTest Labs

Attend the GTL Signal Integrity University in Sunnyvale, CA  -  November
8-16

GTL 122 - Fundamental Principles of Signal Integrity
GTL 250 - High Speed Board Design

GigaTest Labs
134 South Wolfe Road   *   Sunnyvale,  CA    *     94086
408.524.2700
www.gigatest.com